Archived messages won’t show up in your inbox anymore, but they’ll still be kept in your Gmail account and accessible by performing a few easy instructions. When you search for messages in Gmail, these messages will still be displayed because they are indexed.
Even if they are in the archive, you can still read them. However, if you want to remain in the conversation, you must switch the conversation’s messages to the Inbox.
- Click on the menu on the left side of Gmail and select All Mails.
- Select the messages you want to get back to your inbox. Check the emails you want to move into your inbox by using the checkbox next to them.
- Click Move to Inbox In the main toolbar above the emails.
- A pop-up notification is shown at the bottom as a confirmation, it is shown that the emails have been successfully moved to the inbox. Click on Select the “Undo” option to reverse your actions.
These Tips Help to Prevent Accidental Archiving
Accidentally archiving mail is something that might happen. By following these simple steps, you can prevent this:
- It is possible while you are using your smartphone or tablet you accidentally swipe right or left, which might archive some important mail.
- To prevent this, you need to change in app settings. Go to General settings > Swipe actions.
- Keep an eye out for any emails confirming the archiving of a chat. Normally, this message comes with an undo button you can utilize if necessary.
Tips to Snooze Emails Easily Using the Gmail Website
If you forget to answer the emails on time, then you need to check this snooze email feature. This feature allows us to snooze our mail at a particular time. This feature is available on both the Gmail website and an app. If you are using this feature on the Gmail website, you need to follow these steps to snooze an email to answer at a later time or date.
- Open Gmail Website in your browser and log in to your mail account.
- Select the mail you want to snooze.
- Select the clock icon on the left side of the email. Now you will see a ‘Snooze’ word will appear over the cloak icon.
- Select the required date and time you want to be reminded of the email.
Tips to Snooze Emails in Gmail Mobile App
These simple steps will help you to understand how you can easily use the Snooze feature in IOS or Android Smartphones.
- Open your Gmail App and access your account.
- Select the email you want to snooze
- Tap on the three horizontal dots in the upper right-hand corner of the screen
- From the Menu Bar tap on the snooze feature.
- Now the last step is to set the date and time as you required.